Wednesday 31 December 2014

Falling in love with fermented green tea?! Love Kombucha.

Fizzy drinks are bad, green tea is good. Step in Love Kombucha, a refreshing soft drink, made up of fermented green tea. A Google search will tell you that Kombucha is a probiotic mix with the potential to help every ailment going. Winner! But the claim that grabbed me was the increased energy and reduced IBS symptoms: "Lactic acid increases the oxygen in the blood and helps balance the pH and well as encouraging the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut". 

I was sold and swiftly placed an order for 12 (hello free delivery!) The fact that I'm now only left with 4 shows that I do indeed Love Kombucha! Has it miraculously cured every ailment that troubled me? Well clearly not. But for me it's been great in quelling nausea and to settle my stomach. Also it's fantastic for replacing soft drinks with something better, without looking completely out of place when drinking with friends. I'm a big fan of the design of the bottles (although they will turn into a volcano on opening if you don't store them right...!)

But what do they taste like? Well frankly, odd. But a good odd. Almost like when you sip your Dad's beer for the first time as a kid and
pretend to like it because everyone's acting like it's a big treat (...was that just me?!) You're not going to get around the fact that these are fermented tea. So if you like green tea, you will love these. It has that sharp, clean taste which whilst slightly bitter, makes it very refreshing. 

There are 5 flavours available: Original, Blueberry, Ginger, Ginger & Lime and Mango & Lime. The difference between the flavours is subtle. Ginger & Lime is my favourite, as the sharp taste is at its most balanced and refreshing. That is the one that on drinking I really get that "Yeaaaaa this is doing me some good!" feeling! Blueberry is my next fav, with it's slightly softer taste. But only just - when cracking open the blueberry I couldn't help but expect the sweetness of a juice, but nope, not even vaguely. But don't let that deter you. A chilled blueberry Kombucha in front of the fire was a refreshing addition for that moment when food at Christmas becomes some sort of challenge (my blood type is basically Brie at this point.) 


Kombucha's are a great switch up from other drinks on the market. I will be stocking up on supplies for New Years Eve to have on their own as well as using them as mixers (gin, ginger & lime...hello!) Priced at £3.45 each (500ml), I think this is more than reasonable, especially considering the high quality of the bottles which can easily be re-used for other purposes. Home made salad dressing anyone!? 

Buy yourself some here.

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© FODMAP Free! | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig