Friday 6 March 2015

Sweet Treats from Udi's UK



I'm not going to lie, I'm writing this in somewhat of a sugar stupor. The current situation is a lot of crumbs, a fresh brew to the side and a big smile on my face. Why? Today I've been eating several of the gluten-free and even dairy-free (yay!) sweet treat offerings from Udi. So read on to find out what I think is worthy of joining you on your cup of tea and newspaper relax routine!


First up is my favourite, proof in the half empty packet which is currently sitting next to me (bets on it being empty by the time I've finished this post...?!) Chocolate Flavour Sandwich Cookies aka fake Oreos! Crispy, crunchy and totally munchy, these are also dairy free, which is great as I'm currently trying to be a dairy free zone. Theses are straight up delicious cookies and you'd do well to tell them apart from the original Oreo. There is no compromise here for these being both gluten and dairy free. Fabulous *reaches for another*.


Next up, the Milk Chocolate Wafer. These will be coming straight to work with me on Monday as they'll be a great side of desk pick me up. Good structure so not a crumbly mess and loads of chocolate in the layers - another great chocolatey treat from Udi at 18 wafers per packet. Also, big plans to stuff these in an ice cream cone come Summer!


If you're not a big chocolate fan, Udi's got you covered with their Lemon Flavoured Wafers. These were actually my Dad's favourite out of the whole bunch, with his comment being:"They're REALLY lemony!" You're not wrong Dad!

If you were a Pink Panther Wafer fan before your gluten free days then you'll be needing to get yourself some of these as they are effectively the lemon version. Also worth noting you get a bazillion in a packet...well 20, but it looks like LOADS when you open it up which is a nice surprise!


Last up was my least favourite of the bunch, Apple Flavoured Breakfast Bars. I'm not a big fan of these style of bars anyway as I don't like that 'flavoured' food filling taste. But if you're a fan of breakfast bars these would be a good gluten free option! They are individually wrapped as you can see in the pic, so great for on the move. True to their advertising they are 'soft n' chewy' and the pastry (for lack of a better word) had a good structure and nutty texture. They're available in a range of flavours (Strawberry, Blueberry and Cherry to be exact) which is nice to see and you get 5 bars per pack. For those on a strict FODMAP diet, apples have high amounts of excess fructose and high amounts of Polyol-sorbital, so intake should be avoided. I'm reintroducing apples at the moment as those of you who follow me on Instagram will have seen from my huge apple haul (lols) but sadly these still weren't for me! From browsing Udi's website I've spotted they do Chocolate Banana Cereal Bars which look more up my street so I'll be grabbing some of those on my next grocery shop!



Udi are the #1 gluten-free foods brand in the USA and have now launched in the UK. They are currently stocked in selected Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose Stores nationwide
Whilst Udi's UK provided a variety of their branded products for review, I have received no payment for writing this post and all opinions are genuine and my own! Honesty is always the best policy!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© FODMAP Free! | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig